Baking my way through the Cake Bible on my blog (about 3/4 done!)
Posted: 20 August 2013 05:24 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-08-20

Hey all! As I’ve been lurking here from time to time for bits of advice, I thought I’d share the blog I’ve been working on—baking one cake a week for 2013; mostly from the Cake Bible.

Here’s a link to the blog: cakeyear.tumblr.com

Below are pics of two of my favorites—a wedding cake version of the White Chocolate Whisper cake, and the chestnut sand cake with rose-water glaze and buttercream daffodils.

Image Attachments
1_26_finished_cake_2_-_small.jpg7_6_cake_on_site_-_small.jpg

Posted: 21 August 2013 07:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  590
Joined  2007-11-18

TIMSTALLMANN:
  Good morning. Welcome to our baking forum…I know you will like it being a member.

Tim, I am enjoying your work you are very artistic talented.

Good luck & enjoy the rest of the day.

~FRESHKID.

Posted: 21 August 2013 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4783
Joined  2008-04-16

Those look great!  Baking through the Cake Bible is quite an achievement, best of luck!

What other flavors did you pair the chestnut cake with?  That’s one that not many people have made, but I know forum member Anne also loves that cake so it’s interesting that it’s one of your favorites as well smile

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 21 August 2013 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1352
Joined  2008-09-27

I submit that it’s intrinsically impossible to bake all the way through the Cake Bible in a human lifespan, since there are few complete cakes listed, only various components that must be mixed and matched to produce a complete cake. The number of permutations is enormous.

Signature 

If error is corrected whenever it is recognized as such, the path of error is the path of truth.

—Hans Reichenbach

Posted: 21 August 2013 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1175
Joined  2009-11-24
CharlesT - 21 August 2013 03:58 PM

I submit that it’s intrinsically impossible to bake all the way through the Cake Bible in a human lifespan, since there are few complete cakes listed, only various components that must be mixed and matched to produce a complete cake. The number of permutations is enormous.

You mean the great grandchilden will have to finish the task!!  LOL

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.

Posted: 23 August 2013 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3149
Joined  2010-04-25

Hi, Tim!

Oooh, that Chestnut Sand is my all time favorite cake ever!!!  Frosted or unfrosted!

I think you could do frosting permutations to help express yourself through TCB.  Make a big batch of, say, mousseline, divide it, and add a proportionate amount of the different additions for each variation to each division and frost a bunch of cupcakes!!!

Enjoy! Hope you post more!

—ak