Holiday Cheesecake flavor ideas
Posted: 10 September 2013 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  592
Joined  2007-11-27

Hi everyone -  I’m here to ask a question about your favorite “holiday” (meaning Thanksgiving through New Years) flavors.  It’s hot and humid here and one of my accounts wants the holiday menu ASAP and I can’t get in the holiday spirit so to speak to come up with some new ideas.

Specifically they’re interested in the cheesecake we make.  We offer vanilla, chocolate, white chocolate toffee, cappuccino chip, oreo, lemon, orange, lime, and caramel.  At least, that’s all I can remember off the top of my head.  Mostly we make cheesecake pops, people like to get a mixed variety instead of committing to one whole cheesecake wink

For holidays, we offer cranberry orange, pumpkin, spiced vanilla, gingerbread, eggnog, peppermint (aka candy cane) and an apple spice (which is really the spiced vanilla with an apple caramel topping.  Not really well translated to a cheesecake pop to be honest with you).  Chestnut hasn’t really translated well to cheesecake, it’s been better as a mousse so I’m not really including it…..

What flavor says “holiday” to you?  Or “christmas”?  “thanksgiving” “new years”?  I need some inspiration!

Thanks smile

Signature 

I Dream of Jeanne Cakes selected by Brides Magazine as one of their 100 Favorite Bakers (2013)

Posted: 10 September 2013 08:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  607
Joined  2012-01-12

Sweet potatoes; pomegranate; butternut squash; cinnamon & chocolate;  candy cane and cranberries. I’m sorry I replied.

Posted: 11 September 2013 03:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  630
Joined  2008-01-24

I love pumpkin cheese cake. This is terribly 70’s but what about an ambrosia. Coconut cheese cake with pineapple and mandarin orange chunks. My mother used to make a really awful dish. Lime jello with celery walnuts and cottage cheese. Yikes I haven’t had that in 30 years I bet but I still remember it. Can you dip? I can envision a number of crushed nut or candy coatings. Almonds walnuts chocolate candy cane butterscotch. Mint cheesecake dipped in dark chocolate?

Signature 

“This pizza is a symphony of flavors”

Posted: 11 September 2013 05:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  592
Joined  2007-11-27

Pomegranate sounds interesting, thank you prettycake for the suggestion.  It would definitely work with all the other flavors, and I will experiment with a pomegranate cheesecake next week.

Gene, you’re bringing back memories for me too!  My mother used to make a jello “thing” - I think it was orange jello, and it had chopped walnuts and shredded carrots in it. I loved it as a kid, couldn’t get enough of it!
I like the idea of the ambrosia cheesecake; we started doing coconut cheesecake and it’s been a big seller, and we can definitely put pineapple and orange in it and dip in white chocolate with white vermicelli (chocolate sprinkles).

Keep the ideas coming! smile Thank you both very much!

Signature 

I Dream of Jeanne Cakes selected by Brides Magazine as one of their 100 Favorite Bakers (2013)

Posted: 13 September 2013 09:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4741
Joined  2008-04-16

Cranberry, mulled cider, pumpkin, butternut squash and gingerbread.  Chestnut might work if the base had heavy cream instead of sour cream, like Rose’s pumpkin cheesecake, and then you had some rum in it smile

Maybe quince? It would be pink, which is nice, but I must admit I never seem to be able to make really great quince.  Might not need eggs for that one. 

New Year’s is tough, I feel like I make something different every year and am still looking for that meal/dessert that expresses the holiday.  The one idea that pops up is champagne! You could make it a stovetop custard like Rose’s no-bake cheesecake in RHC, and maybe even find a way to keep some of the bubbles in tact.  Roland Mesnier has a champagne mousse that claims to do this, but I haven’t tried it and don’t know how easy it is to make work.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls

Posted: 29 September 2013 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2013-06-12

well me personally I want to try a ricotta cheesecake this year. I made a raspberry swirl one year.
christmas I think of like cranberries (although I don’t know if I see that in a cheesecake) almond, pumpkin, or like a peppermint or something similar to that

what about marzipan in a cheesecake?