Hi all, I’ve just joined to gather some points of view on a new bakery app I am designing for Android.
I am recently graduated from University and recently for part time work I joined a local artisan bakery to help with the wrapping and packing of loaves and bread. Due to my interest in the baking I quickly began training as a baker. While weighing up dough I found it tricky to calculate and memorise ingredient quantities for the 30+ breads we make in-house, all natural and the old fashioned way. I began to construct a calculator app to display ingredient quantities for however many loaves I needed from a selection list including tin loaves, farmhouse, bloomers, rolls, sticks, sour dough, brioche, special breads and more.
Now I am expanding the app and I want to release it on the Android Market for the public, which is where you guys come in!
I have a few questions:
1. What would you like to see in a baking app? What would help you out the most? Video tutorials on how to roll and shape the dough properly, or even a step by step guide on how to properly prove your doughs?
2. What selection of breads would you most like? Which would be the most popular?
3. How much would you be willing to pay for the app as either through donation or buying? (Of course a free version will be available)
4. Would you be interested in knowing where to source genuine bakery ingredients and tins?
5. I would also like to know what breads you would be most attracted in making?
6. If there is anything else, literally anything then please say. Nine times out of ten it’s possible to do!
Of course I am adding in some features like a favourites list, maybe even statistics, but I need the REAL chefs and bakers to give me their opinion!
Any feedback is greatly appreciated and a special something will be offered to friends of the app upon release!
Many thanks for the input everyone, I greatly look forward to hearing from you!