6 of 6
What Are You Baking Today?
Posted: 29 January 2014 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  278
Joined  2011-12-25

I thought it sounded delicious. It had almond flour in the cake and the filling. I’ll have to figure out what’s going on with the almond flour.

I would love to try it again and asap so I dont’ forget what I learned. wink But, we’ll see. I meant to look at Rose’s sponge cakes. I did find sponge cakes in the index of one of her cookbooks so I will try to read that. I don’t have any new ideas for baking so I will look at your Wowie Cake for inspiration.

What cake did you find for your uncle? 

Thank you flourgirl, once again. smile

Posted: 30 January 2014 01:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1568
Joined  2011-02-17

Hi Abbey,

The Wowie cake is so easy. It is mixed by hand and all you need is 2 bowls.

Yesterday I baked a recipe from TBB. It is a quick bread/cake called Cinnamon Crumb Surprise. The surprise is a layer of apple, cinnamon, sugar and nuts in the center of the cake. I have made this loaf many, many times. It is on my short list of favorites. This time, though, I baked it in an 8” tube pan. Based on Rose’s CURRENT BLOG ENTRY I learned to use a tube pan when you have issues with the cake sinking. I never had this cake sink but I did have issues with the streusel topping becoming engulfed by the cake. I called it my elephant man cake and started a forum thread about it HERE.

The tube pan worked superbly. The cake was actually more moist in the tube pan than the loaf and the crumb topping stayed on the top where it belonged. I’m about to go to bed now so I will post pics in the morning.

Have a good night Abbey.

Posted: 30 January 2014 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1568
Joined  2011-02-17

Hi Abbey,

I posted pics in the Show and Tell Forum.

HERE

This is a wonderful cake.

Have a gr8 day!

6 of 6

‹‹ why ML = and not grams      yay ! SF 49ers ››