Question regarding adjusting moisture for different cocoa powders
Posted: 10 October 2013 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  144
Joined  2011-05-15

Hello there !
Rose said in a comment on chocolate butter cake. : another problem could be the valrhona cocoa. it is “heavier”—i think higher in cocoa butter. try green & blacks or drostes and i think you’ll be amazed by the difference.
also of course the cake strip for the sides and do cover the cocoa/water mixture.

Unfortunately i already committed to a kilo of Valrhona cocoa powder and i need to use it day after for the chocolate butter cake. With all this talk of dryness, just wondering if i should adjust for the cocoa powder by increasing the water or butter content? Or should i be reducing it? Not sure! And if so by how much? Much thanks for any ideas ! Hello there !
Rose said in a comment above : another problem could be the valrhona cocoa. it is “heavier”—i think higher in cocoa butter. try green & blacks or drostes and i think you’ll be amazed by the difference.
also of course the cake strip for the sides and do cover the cocoa/water mixture.

Unfortunately i already committed to a kilo of Valrhona cocoa powder and i need to use it day after for the chocolate butter cake. With all this talk of dryness, just wondering if i should adjust for the cocoa powder by increasing the water or butter content? Or should i be reducing it? Not sure! And if so by how much? Much thanks for any ideas !