Bleached or Heat-treated Flour in Australia (small quantities) 
Posted: 19 October 2013 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2013-10-17

Hi everyone,

This is my first posting and I’ve seen similar ones around but wanted to ask you all some specific questions.

Does anyone know of a good source to purchase bleached or heat treated flour (either all purpose or cake) in Australia in smallish quantities, say 5-10kg or so ? I know that a few mills do supply bleached cake flour but in such large quantities that it is very difficult to use it up unless you are an industrial baker!

I’ve seen alot of people use Maylar bags to store flour and then use them as need be. Has anyone gone this route? I know of an American store in Australia online that supplies Swans Down Flour (as suggested in many of Rose’s books) but at $7/kg it seems so hefty as opposed to the $1.80/kg bulk buy.

My dilemma is that I can purchase the 25kg bag of flour but I’m worried about storing it and it going bad! If anyone can shed light on this for me it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Best,
Tonia

Posted: 20 October 2013 05:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-10-20

Hi Tonia.I buy Special White Flour ( WESTON MILLING ) from same Italian’s or Greek’s deli. It come in 5kg and 10kg bags.

Posted: 20 October 2013 06:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2013-10-17

Hi Alenka,

Could you please tell me the names of these deli’s and the name of the flour?

Thank you!!!!