Cookie monster cupcakes
Posted: 29 October 2013 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  68
Joined  2011-04-30

I am attempting to make a few dozens of cookie monster cupcakes. Instructional videos shows a mini cupcakes is fixed on top of a cupcake, covered with buttercream, place a small cookie where cookie monster’s mouth will be be, chilled to set before piping cookie monster’s royal blue fur with a grass tip. I just wonder if a regular sized cupcake will be stable enough to carry all the weight of the buttercream and a 1” chocoalte chip cookie in cookie monster’s mouth? Please advise in case anyone had attempted to to make one before.

Thank you.

Posted: 29 October 2013 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3147
Joined  2010-04-25

Cupcakes are pretty hardy.  I think it should be stable.  However; edible?  Now, that’s another question with all that frosting!!!  Also, I would think you’d need a crusting—or at least very stiff—frosting to “glue” the mini cupcake in place and make sure it holds, but there are those more experienced in these ways that might chime in!

Have you considered using just a “regular” cupcake, piping the blue fur frosting & face, and putting the 1” chocolate chip cookie coming out of it’s mouth?

Posted: 29 October 2013 10:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  670
Joined  2012-01-12
Jack Alix - 29 October 2013 04:29 PM

I am attempting to make a few dozens of cookie monster cupcakes. Instructional videos shows a mini cupcakes is fixed on top of a cupcake, covered with buttercream, place a small cookie where cookie monster’s mouth will be be, chilled to set before piping cookie monster’s royal blue fur with a grass tip. I just wonder if a regular sized cupcake will be stable enough to carry all the weight of the buttercream and a 1” chocoalte chip cookie in cookie monster’s mouth? Please advise in case anyone had attempted to to make one before.

Thank you.

yes, it will be.

Posted: 29 October 2013 11:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-04-30

I will be testing a few methods and recipes this weekend. Thank you for your replies. I appreciate it.

Posted: 24 November 2013 12:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-04-30

I would love to share the outcome of my cookie monster cupcakes; but I do not see how I am able to use this thread for it. Any suggestion?