Teddy Bear Cake
Posted: 30 October 2013 05:20 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  158
Joined  2011-06-02

Hey everyone!
I have an Ibili teddy bear cake pan and I wanted to make a chocolate cake for my nephew’s birthday. It’s not a deep or 3d cake, just a shaped pan, I think maybe like the ever-popular heart cake.
I measured the content of the pan and it’s about 6 [uk] cups, 1500 ml.
I’m guessing I should fill the pan halfway, so I’ll need 3 cups of batter, which is like 3/4 recipe of a 2-layer-8-inch cake, or 1/2 recipe of a 2-layer-9-inch-cake.

Does any of this make sense?
Also, Does Rose have any recipe recommended for a similar pan? Does it matter what kind of recipe I use? Should I use a flower nail?

Thanks in advance- I appreciate it.

Signature 

McBrownie.

Posted: 30 October 2013 06:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  611
Joined  2007-11-18
McBrownie - 30 October 2013 05:20 AM

Hey everyone!
I have an Ibili teddy bear cake pan and I wanted to make a chocolate cake for my nephew’s birthday. It’s not a deep or 3d cake, just a shaped pan, I think maybe like the ever-popular heart cake.
I measured the content of the pan and it’s about 6 [uk] cups, 1500 ml.
I’m guessing I should fill the pan halfway, so I’ll need 3 cups of batter, which is like 3/4 recipe of a 2-layer-8-inch cake, or 1/2 recipe of a 2-layer-9-inch-cake.

Does any of this make sense?
Also, Does Rose have any recipe recommended for a similar pan? Does it matter what kind of recipe I use? Should I use a flower nail?

Thanks in advance- I appreciate it.

McBROWNIE:
  Good morning If you decide which recipe you wish to use identify or post same. I will then employ “Bakers Percentage” technique to reduce the quantity to fit 2/3rds full in your pan. I do not know if a nail would be required for 4,3/8ths cups of batter.
I have never baked with a pan of this type before.

1500 ml Divided by 28.35 = 52,oz divide by 3 multiply by 2 = 35, 1/4 oz divide by 8, = 4,3/8ths cups max.

Till then enjoy the rest of the day my friend.

~FRESHKID.

Posted: 30 October 2013 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  158
Joined  2011-06-02

Thanks ~FRESHKID!

Are you saying I should only fill the pan max. 2/3 full?
Yeah, I thought so too. Though, really, it depends on the recipe- the deep choc passion [I think] only 1/4 fill the pan yet it bakes up to the top!
The thing is, I’m not sure if there are any recipes I should avoid. Since it’s not a deep pan I reckon I’m quite safe..

Signature 

McBrownie.