RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2010-04-25

I second it:  YAY!

Posted: 12 November 2013 12:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1554
Joined  2011-02-17

Do you guys know what you plan to bake yet?

Posted: 12 November 2013 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2012-01-12

I know there are certain cookies and other things that I baked every year, like my Venetian cookies and Busche de Noel plus macarons that goes on the pyramid macaron holder that I made last year.

Posted: 12 November 2013 10:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  251
Joined  2011-12-25

I have so much fun during the holidays, baking cookies and desserts, cooking some fine dinners, selecting and wrapping extra special gifts and just enjoying friends and family. Yah! wink

Posted: 13 November 2013 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-17

I get stressed when I have to bake as opposed to want to bake. But this Thanksgiving or Christmas I hope to include one of Chef Roland Mesnier’s Coeur a la Creme recipes. I’m sure I will be baking Rose’s Golden Lemon Almond Cake, among others.

Posted: 13 November 2013 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-12-25

Chef who? smile Whatever that is, it does sound good. 

I get stressed too so am hoping to get super organized, get as much done before the day and then pace myself so I dont’ get razzled. I say that every year but it always works out, so why worry. wink

I want to make that GLAC too, flour girl. I was reading my cookbook last night, saw the wreath you were talking about and thought - I could do that. It sure is pretty.

Good Luck - I’m sure you will do just fine and I look forward to seeing and hearing about your plans.

Posted: 13 November 2013 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-17

Chef Mesnier was the pastry chef for the White House during the Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton and Bush W years.  Here is a You Tube of his presentation on the Today Show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v80ssN_c8X8

I get stressed because I want everything to be as good as it comes out when I bake for the pleasure of baking.

Rose’s fruit cake is discussed among blogs as being the fruit cake that will change your mind about fruit cakes. I have no doubt her recipe lives-up to the praise.

Have a great day Abbey!

Posted: 13 November 2013 05:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-12-25

He made that look way too easy. I’ll check him out and keep his name in mind.

I’m the same way about worrying that it won’t come out right when under the gun. I know all too well what you mean but you just have to hold your mouth just right. Seriously though, I also do a better job on the first try but I’m gonna try to improve that Banana Crunch Cake second time around.

As for the fruit cake-I have a feeling Rose could change our minds.  I bet it is one good tasting cake besides the fact that it is beautiful-I said that once before but it really is.

Thanks for the info. I truly enjoy learning all about these kinds of things. smile

Posted: 13 November 2013 07:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2012-01-12

I love this guy’s work.. His style is fabulous.

Posted: 13 November 2013 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-17
abbey - 13 November 2013 05:37 PM

I’m the same way about worrying that it won’t come out right when under the gun. I know all too well what you mean but you just have to hold your mouth just right. Seriously though, I also do a better job on the first try but I’m gonna try to improve that Banana Crunch Cake second time around.

As for the fruit cake-I have a feeling Rose could change our minds.  I bet it is one good tasting cake besides the fact that it is beautiful-I said that once before but it really is.

Thanks for the info. I truly enjoy learning all about these kinds of things. smile

Chef Roland sure does make it look easy. I hope I’m able to unmold it.

As I mentioned, I follow Rose"s mixing instructions for her Refrigerator Banana Cake. It is that cake which employs sifting over the mixing bowl. My results are excellent. I use the whisk attachment on the mixer for most oil cakes.

Have a good evening Abbey.

Posted: 13 November 2013 08:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-17
prettycake - 13 November 2013 07:50 PM

I love this guy’s work.. His style is fabulous.

I agree! Have you ever made any of his recipes? I have his book and have had excellent results.

Posted: 13 November 2013 10:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-12-25
Flour Girl - 13 November 2013 08:24 PM
abbey - 13 November 2013 05:37 PM

Chef Roland sure does make it look easy. I hope I’m able to unmold it.

As I mentioned, I follow Rose"s mixing instructions for her Refrigerator Banana Cake. It is that cake which employs sifting over the mixing bowl. My results are excellent. I use the whisk attachment on the mixer for most oil cakes.

Have a good evening Abbey.

Thank you so much. I read Rose’s recipe and just love how carefully she explains every little detail. It is most necessary. So, thanks again, that will help me a lot. I hope you have a great evening sweet flour girl.

Posted: 13 November 2013 10:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2013-06-12

and this just means we have to start planning our menus now..and have lots of cookies to bake
rugelach
doughnuts
who knows what else!

1 of 8