Rose Factor for Full Sheet Pans?
Posted: 11 November 2013 12:28 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2013-11-11

Has anyone ever needed to figure out the Rose Factor for a full sheet pan?  My church is going to be preparing a meal at our local homeless shelter right after Thanksgiving, and I’ve been asked to plan the dessert.  The kitchen has full sheet pans (1 inch deep).  I was thinking of scaling up the All-Occasion Downy Yellow Butter Cake from TCB, but the chart only goes up to an 18 x 12 pan.  We will be feeding between 150-200 people.  (Unfortunately, I won’t be able to experiment ahead of time, since the shelter’s kitchen is always in use, and a full sheet pan won’t fit in my oven at home.)  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Posted: 11 November 2013 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-11-11

Thanks for the suggestions.  I think you’re right—unless someone else has actual experience with this, I shouldn’t try this for the first time at the meal.

Posted: 11 November 2013 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-11-11

The kitchen may have a few half sheet pans, but they would also be 1-inch deep as well.  It doesn’t really have a lot of choice in terms of baking pans, although, oddly enough, it has one of those giant mixers that stands on the floor.  I guess I should be looking for recipes for bars/cookies instead…Thanks for your thoughts.