Mini cupcake storage tips
Posted: 11 November 2013 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2011-04-30

I will be baking 240 mini cupcakes for a reception. Any tips to keep the cupcakes fresh and moist till the day of the event? Thanks.

Posted: 12 November 2013 05:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  575
Joined  2007-11-18
Jack Alix - 11 November 2013 03:03 PM

I will be baking 240 mini cupcakes for a reception. Any tips to keep the cupcakes fresh and moist till the day of the event? Thanks.

JACK ALEX:
Good morning. Jack, I do this ALL the time, Just subst part of the sugar with HONEY. Uo to 1/3rd. I only do approx 20% at max.
Blend in the honey right after you cream the butter & sugar.

If your recipe employs a oil base formula add the honey together with the oil & mix to blend & add eggs 1, at a time.
Jack, honey attracts the moisure in the air & that is what keeps baked goods fresh & moist for many days. Jack as you know when employing honey we must reduce the oven temp by 25, degrees due to the carmelization effect…. very very important to do.

Good luck to you & enjoy the rest of the day.

~FRESHKID.

Posted: 12 November 2013 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3128
Joined  2010-04-25

What a great tip, Freshkid! Thanks!

Posted: 13 November 2013 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-04-30

What a great tip! My recipe do not use oil. I am using RHC recipes for Butter cupcakes. I will experiment with a small batch to test with my recipe for chocolate cupcakes, too. This recipe uses vegetable oil. I will let you know how it turns out.

Posted: 13 November 2013 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-04-30

I just learned that I will be out of town and will not get back until a day before the actual event. This means that it will be rally time as soon as I arrive from the airport at noon and start baking these cupcakes; hopefully in time for a 2PM delivery. I know I can pre-make all the frosting since it will keep well. Do you think I can bake and freeze these cupcakes and still have a nice presentation if I do them 5 days ahead? I am confident of my multi-tasking skills; but I am just trying to make it a little easy on me without compromising the quality of the products. HELP!!!

Posted: 22 November 2013 07:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2013-11-22

I store my decorated cupcakes in either cupcake carriers or cake boxes with cupcake inserts. I’ve never had a dry cupcake - always super moist! For fondant topped cupcakes, I prop the box open slightly or put a spoon under the lid of the carrier.

Signature 

Sweet Accents Die Cutting Machine