Golden Luxury Butter Cake
Posted: 13 November 2013 07:04 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-11-13

Hi Guys! Im new here, but I have had the cake bible for several years. Im really really familiar with all her recipes, and I love her book. I have a question. I love the butter cake that has white chocolate in it…Im wondering if anybody has any tips on how to use the rose factor with respect to the white chocolate? As of now, the yellow cake is my default cake….but id love to switch it over. Thanks in advance for any help!

Posted: 15 November 2013 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4791
Joined  2008-04-16

I haven’t tried this, but if I were going to do it I would see what the percentage difference is in leavening for the yellow cake in the Rose Factor section, and then apply that to the cake with white chocolate in it.  For example, to make a 10” cake, you might scale everything by a factor that will produce the right amount of batter for the larger pans.  You can do this based on pan volumes if you like (TCB, p 455). 

After you’ve done that there is one more adjustment to keep the center from dipping.  Take the scaled up baking powder measurement and multiply it by something like 85% (or whatever the % is for the yellow cake in the Rose Factor section for the size changes you’d like to make).  Might not be perfect, but will probably be in the ball park.

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  How to Make Sourdough More (or Less) Sour

Posted: 15 November 2013 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-11-13

Thanks so much!!! I will try that!

Posted: 22 November 2013 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2013-11-22

I suggest getting the Cake Bible and re-work the leavening on her Rose Factors vs. how many ounces of flour you are using.

Signature 

Sweet Accents Die Cutting Machine