Christmas Baking :)
Posted: 14 November 2013 05:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2013-10-17

Hi Everyone!

It’s getting closer and closer to Christmas and I’m sure everyone will be firing up their ovens very soon to start on their Christmas baking!

Speaking of Christmas baking… does anyone have any favourites from Rose’s Christmas Cookie Book? I just want to get some people’s opinions on their favourites. I want to try a few new recipes this year and thought if I have some tried and tested recipes that people have tried, that would be great! (although all Rose’s recipes are AMAZING, in my humble opinion smile

Have a wonderful day!

Looking forward to some responses!

Tonia xx

Posted: 16 November 2013 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-10-17

Thank you so much everyone smile

I really appreciate everyone getting in on the conversation smile

Please keep the suggestions coming!

I’m so looking forward to getting started on my baking this coming week.

I’m planning on doing Brandy Snaps for Christmas Eve and a selection of cookies for hampers as gifts this year smile

Xx

Posted: 16 November 2013 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-10-17
Jeanne - 14 November 2013 07:38 PM

I have a lot of favorites from the Christmas Cookie Book.  I’ve tried almost all of the recipes.  I love the gingerbread men, the brandy snaps, Mrs King’s Irresistibles, the coconut snowballs, the carmelitas, the macadamia bars, the shortbread, the meringue ones (the ones with the chocolate middles), .  I liked David’s dreambars, but for me the white chocolate colored in the oven. The brownie recipe is a really good one - like she says in the book, I have several brownie recipes myself and this one is really good.  I wasn’t as thrilled with the three nut fingers (the dough is a little oily but they taste great) and the cereal wreaths are ok (probably more fun with kids!); the stained glass cookies are also ok.  Have fun with your holiday baking!

That sounds like a lovely selection smile

Can I ask, have you ever had trouble with the topping setting on the Maple Macadamia Bars?

I’ve tried at least 3 times and the topping won’t set and cool, (So I can keep it at room temp) I always have to put it in the fridge!

If you have any suggestions? I follow the recipe to the letter but I’m thinking should I try and boil it longer in the saucepan? Or cook it longer than 10 mins in the oven? (Only issue then is that the edges brown) :(

Please, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!