Help w Packaging: To keep ‘em cookies crisp.
Posted: 26 November 2013 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-11-26

I am to bake a few batches of cookies for my friend who’s leaving for France next week but i’m really stuck now as to how i should package the cookies. I want the cookies crispy. So if i were to store the cookies in cardboard boxes, would they still remain fresh and crispy for at least a few weeks? If yes, do i wrap the cookies in wax paper first? Or should i stick to metal tins- they’re really beautiful albeit pricier. I really can’t find many nice packaging. Help please! I’m so confused. :(

Posted: 26 November 2013 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  589
Joined  2007-11-18
BurnScarlet - 26 November 2013 08:14 AM

I am to bake a few batches of cookies for my friend who’s leaving for France next week but i’m really stuck now as to how i should package the cookies. I want the cookies crispy. So if i were to store the cookies in cardboard boxes, would they still remain fresh and crispy for at least a few weeks? If yes, do i wrap the cookies in wax paper first? Or should i stick to metal tins- they’re really beautiful albeit pricier. I really can’t find many nice packaging. Help please! I’m so confused. :(

BURN SCARLET;
  Good morning. The only cookie that I know of that will keep fresh & crispy for a long period of time are “SCOTTISH SHORTBREAD COOKIES”

There are only 4, ingredients ****FLOUR….BUTTER….***SUGAR…SALT.

NO LIQUIDS !!!!!  Salt 1,tsp per 1, pound of butter. No more & no less.

Locate a recipe thru GOOGLE with just those 4, ingredients. Bake them & package them in a box cookies wrapped well with plastic wrap.

Good luck & enjoy the rest of the day my friend.

*** Use fine sugar….just measure out the sugar & using your food proc or blender give it a 20/30 second blast…it will melt quicker this way in the baking thereof.  (Do not use powdered sugar)

**** I suggest you employ Bleached AP flour.

~FRESHKID.

Posted: 01 December 2013 02:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2011-06-02

Hey BurnScarlet,
I think I’ve read somewhere that crisp cookies should be kept in metal/glass containers, not plastic, for them to keep their crispness.
What kind of cookies are you making? Some are better at keeping their crispness on their own.

Signature 

McBrownie.