Q about the Many Splendored Quick Bread
Posted: 04 December 2013 12:52 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2011-08-28

I made the Many Splendored Quick Bread yesterday. It was very easy and it came out beautifully brown, with a lovely crack in the middle. However, I find it is too babana-y. What I mean is, I was hoping for more flavor from the carrots and zucchini - the taste of the standard recipe is too close to banana bread. If I wanted to increase the amount of carrots and zucchini I add, how would I compensate with the other ingredients so as not to compromise the integrity of the bread? Any advice appreciated smile

Posted: 04 December 2013 09:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  590
Joined  2007-11-18
lilianblythe - 04 December 2013 12:52 AM

I made the Many Splendored Quick Bread yesterday. It was very easy and it came out beautifully brown, with a lovely crack in the middle. However, I find it is too babana-y. What I mean is, I was hoping for more flavor from the carrots and zucchini - the taste of the standard recipe is too close to banana bread. If I wanted to increase the amount of carrots and zucchini I add, how would I compensate with the other ingredients so as not to compromise the integrity of the bread? Any advice appreciated smile

LILLIAN BLYTHE:
  Good morning. Lillian, we must do as we learned in school when we learned algebra….what we do to one side of the = sign we do to the other side.grin

Sooo you reduce the banana ingredient say by 1.5, oz & then add 1.5, oz of carrots & or Zucchini. I am certain that the integrity
of your baked product will be compromised.

I am sure it will turn out well for you.

Enjoy the rest of the day young lady.

~FRESHKID.

Posted: 04 December 2013 11:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2011-08-28

Haha, thanks FRESHKID wink I will try that!