storing caramel ganache . Please help! 
Posted: 16 December 2013 12:52 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  131
Joined  2011-05-15

So i made a large order of caramel ganache .. the order got cancelled and now reordered but on a smaller scale. The order is for tomorrow and i made the ganache yesterday morning. is it ok to leave it out till tomorrow morning? And the leftover ganache , how exactly do i store it and thaw it? Last time i thawed ganache straight put of the freezer and it had condensation all over the top and when i reheated it it was a royal undoable mess =( Don’t want to ruin my lovely double batch !!! Please help!

Posted: 16 December 2013 01:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1355
Joined  2008-09-27

I don’t know the answer to your question, but the quickest way to get an answer is to do a search of this forum, rather than waiting for someone to respond:

If you type

ganache storing site:www.realbakingwithrose.com

into Google, you will get the following list:

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&site;=&source=hp&q=ganache+storing+site:www.realbakingwithrose.com&oq=ganache+storing+site:www.realbakingwithrose.com&gs_l=hp.3…3351.11087.0.11622.47.45.0.1.1.0.236.5955.10j33j2.45.0….0…1c.1.32.hp..34.13.1171.ZB7ZZS7h3i0

Signature 

If error is corrected whenever it is recognized as such, the path of error is the path of truth.

—Hans Reichenbach

Posted: 16 December 2013 03:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  131
Joined  2011-05-15

thanks for that charlesT. =) Never occurred to me to do that! As of now the ganache is still outside because i have made the executive decision to leave it out till tomorrow morn when i will use it. but for the rest which i wont nbe needing till the 30, just wondering how to thaw. !

Posted: 16 December 2013 07:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4791
Joined  2008-04-16

I’ve always had good luck thawing ganache upside down, on the countertop, overnight, with the lid still on.  That way the condensation remains on the lid rather than the ganache, and once it has come to room temp I just peel off the lid while it is still upside down. 

But ganache isn’t like pure chocolate, if a few drops of liquid rest on the surface you can either blot them off or stir them in, no seizing or troubles.  If you had trouble with a reheated batch, it was probably due to something other than condensation.

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  How to Make Sourdough More (or Less) Sour

Posted: 16 December 2013 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2012-01-12
chocoholic - 16 December 2013 12:52 AM

So i made a large order of caramel ganache .. the order got cancelled and now reordered but on a smaller scale. The order is for tomorrow and i made the ganache yesterday morning. is it ok to leave it out till tomorrow morning? And the leftover ganache , how exactly do i store it and thaw it? Last time i thawed ganache straight put of the freezer and it had condensation all over the top and when i reheated it it was a royal undoable mess =( Don’t want to ruin my lovely double batch !!! Please help!

It is very cold outside. That does not need freezing. It can be at room temp for a day or two. Do not worry about it. It will be fine. Surprisingly there are lot of things
Like buttercream, ganache and things like that came be at room temp w/out going bad. If u walk into a bakery not everything is refrigerated or frozen.

‹‹ Red Velvet Cake...      10" Red Velvet Cake ››