white chocolate ganache
Posted: 16 December 2013 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2009-09-04

Hello All:
I have a question on a white chocolate ganache that I made last night to accent a chocolate cake. The recipe (not Rose’s) called for 2/3 C heavy cream and 4 oz white chocolate. I chopped the chocolate, heated the cream to simmer (small bubbles around edge) and poured it over the chocolate to melt. then stirred. It is supposed to set in the fridge for 8 hrs or longer and it has, but it is still just liquid. Can anyone help me with what I did wrong, if I can save it, or if I should start over and do it somewhat differently?
Thanks, and happy holidays

Posted: 16 December 2013 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1174
Joined  2009-11-24

I wish I could tell you how to save it…but my first thought was that is too much cream to white chocolate… I wonder if you can melt some more white chocolate to add to the mixture you have?

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.

Posted: 16 December 2013 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  671
Joined  2012-01-12

White chocolate ganache is very different.  The cream should be a lot less than the amount of white chocolate.  It should be 1\3 of the amount of chocolate. When mixed, white chocolate and cream, whip it. No need to wait and refrigerate. Whip it until fluffy. Are you using it as a filling or truffle ? I know exactly what you are going thru. Good luck. I melted mine in a rice cooker. I placed both cream and chocolate in the rice cooker until smooth.

Posted: 16 December 2013 11:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2009-09-04

CRenee and Prettycake:
thank you so much for your replies and advice. I melted more white chocolate and mixed it in and it started to firm up. As I whipped it, it looked a little curdled so I added some confectioners sugar and that took care of it. It has a very strong sweet flavor and isn’t to my liking, but it is only a small part of the cake. The cake is covered w/ a chocolate cream cheese frosting and the white chocolate is just a thin layer on the top w/ a pink accent. Very pretty. I don’t know how to post pictures or I’d send one along.
Happy holidays, and thanks again for your expertise.

Posted: 06 March 2014 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2014-02-08

I like it, I like chocolate thing.. thanks for sharing recipe.. Hope I can do it..

Signature 

Chocolate Lover