No Knead Bread
Posted: 29 January 2014 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2568
Joined  2007-11-15

Greetings to all - it’s been too long since I last visited, but I couldn’t wait to share with you guys the first loaf fo bread my daughter has ever made.  I’m so impressed with how well it turned out - the recipe is Jim Lahey’s No-Knead bread (posted on Rose’s blog and NYTimes.com).  If you haven’t given the recipe a try, I urge you to do so.  It’s the esiest bread you’ll ever make.

Image Attachments
NoKnead1.jpgNoKnead3.jpg
 Signature 

Come visit my blog at

http://butteryum.blogspot.com

Posted: 29 January 2014 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  590
Joined  2007-11-18
Patricia @ ButterYum - 29 January 2014 05:40 PM

Greetings to all - it’s been too long since I last visited, but I couldn’t wait to share with you guys the first loaf fo bread my daughter has ever made.  I’m so impressed with how well it turned out - the recipe is Jim Lahey’s No-Knead bread (posted on Rose’s blog and NYTimes.com).  If you haven’t given the recipe a try, I urge you to do so.  It’s the esiest bread you’ll ever make.

PATRINCIA:
  Good evening my dear friend. You will not believe this but just this afternoon I was saying to my self will Patrincia ever come back????
I decided this past summer to come back after exactly 3, full years of taking my leave. Patrincia it isn’t the same as before but it keeps me busy helping others. I hope to be reading more of your postings.

I am enjoying your daugters culinary talents. I can see she takes after you my friend. Make sure she keeps up the good work now.

Till then enjoy the rest of the day my good friend.

~CASS/FRESHKID.

Posted: 30 January 2014 12:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1554
Joined  2011-02-17

Your daughter’s bread looks great.  Are those the breads made in the dutch oven?

Posted: 30 January 2014 05:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  767
Joined  2007-11-15

A lovely looking loaf, Patricia, and I’m sure it was good to eat too!  Your daughter must be feeling very pleased and proud of herself.  I haven’t made that particular bread but I do make sourdough bread regularly, after being given a starter from AnnieMcD. who used to come on here some time ago.  We met up in Scotland and formed a good friendship through our mutual liking of baking.  I hope to see you on here again sometime, I do click on to your blog, but find it difficult to make comments recently as I am not a ‘blogger’ myself.  Love reading and seeing what you have been up to though.  All the best! Jeannette.

Posted: 30 January 2014 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-15
Flour Girl - 30 January 2014 12:53 AM

Your daughter’s bread looks great.  Are those the breads made in the dutch oven?

Hi Flour Girl - yes, we used a dutch oven, but apparently any covered cast iron, enamel, pyrex, or ceramic vessel will work.

Image Attachments
NoKnead4.jpg
 Signature 

Come visit my blog at

Posted: 30 January 2014 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-15
~FRESHKID - 29 January 2014 08:09 PM
Patricia @ ButterYum - 29 January 2014 05:40 PM

PATRINCIA:
  Good evening my dear friend. You will not believe this but just this afternoon I was saying to my self will Patrincia ever come back????
I decided this past summer to come back after exactly 3, full years of taking my leave. Patrincia it isn’t the same as before but it keeps me busy helping others. I hope to be reading more of your postings.

I am enjoying your daugters culinary talents. I can see she takes after you my friend. Make sure she keeps up the good work now.

Till then enjoy the rest of the day my good friend.

~CASS/FRESHKID.

Hi Cass - You’re the best!  I value our friendship - talk to you soon.

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

Posted: 30 January 2014 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-15
jeannette - 30 January 2014 05:10 AM

A lovely looking loaf, Patricia, and I’m sure it was good to eat too!  Your daughter must be feeling very pleased and proud of herself.  I haven’t made that particular bread but I do make sourdough bread regularly, after being given a starter from AnnieMcD. who used to come on here some time ago.  We met up in Scotland and formed a good friendship through our mutual liking of baking.  I hope to see you on here again sometime, I do click on to your blog, but find it difficult to make comments recently as I am not a ‘blogger’ myself.  Love reading and seeing what you have been up to though.  All the best! Jeannette.

Thank you Jeannette - I’m sorry if you’ve had trouble posting comments on my blog.  I think I’ve corrected that problem.

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

Posted: 30 January 2014 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-17
Patricia @ ButterYum - 30 January 2014 04:31 PM

Hi Flour Girl - yes, we used a dutch oven, but apparently any covered cast iron, enamel, pyrex, or ceramic vessel will work.

That looks incredible! I’ve had that book in my hands in the library but didn’t take it out. I thought it would be too hard for my level but now I’ll give it a try. I have a few Dutch ovens that would work. Thanks so much!

Posted: 30 January 2014 09:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-15
Flour Girl - 30 January 2014 06:27 PM

That looks incredible! I’ve had that book in my hands in the library but didn’t take it out. I thought it would be too hard for my level but now I’ll give it a try. I have a few Dutch ovens that would work. Thanks so much!

It’s extremely easy.  I’ll post a step by step on my blog next week, but in the meantime, I’ll give you a quick run down.  Just mix the ingredients together using a wooden spoon until all the flour is moistened.  Cover the bowl with plastic and let it rest at room temp for 12-18 hours, shape the dough into a round loaf, and bake in a preheated dutch oven for about 45 minutes.  That’s it.  I’m telling you, super-super easy.  And extremely delish.

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

Posted: 31 January 2014 12:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-17
Patricia @ ButterYum - 30 January 2014 09:15 PM
Flour Girl - 30 January 2014 06:27 PM

It’s extremely easy.  I’ll post a step by step on my blog next week, but in the meantime, I’ll give you a quick run down.  Just mix the ingredients together using a wooden spoon until all the flour is moistened.  Cover the bowl with plastic and let it rest at room temp for 12-18 hours, shape the dough into a round loaf, and bake in a preheated dutch oven for about 45 minutes.  That’s it.  I’m telling you, super-super easy.  And extremely delish.

Thank you!! It can’t get easier than that. I’ve never made my own bread. This sounds do-able for me. Thank you very much!!

Posted: 01 February 2014 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4783
Joined  2008-04-16

Your daughter’s bread looks beautiful and delicious! Yay for the new generation!

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 01 February 2014 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-15
Julie - 01 February 2014 08:55 AM

Your daughter’s bread looks beautiful and delicious! Yay for the new generation!

Thanks Julie - I could get used to her new found talent wink

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

Posted: 09 February 2014 11:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1175
Joined  2009-11-24

That looks good.. Great for her!  And, it is great to see you on here!!  thank you for sharing! 

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.

Posted: 11 February 2014 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  913
Joined  2009-01-04

looks wonderful!