ISO thick and smooth confetti sprinkles in Toronto
Posted: 07 February 2014 08:06 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2014-02-07

Hello everyone,

I tried to contact the owner of the attached picture as she said she bought the sprinkles from Bulk Barn, however, I have never seen them.  Wilton’s confetti sprinkles don’t look that thick and seem to have a bit of a pebbly appearance.  The ones in the picture are thick and smooth.  Has anyone seen these in Toronto?

Thanks!

Image Attachments
IMG_1090.jpg

Posted: 07 February 2014 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2011-10-15

Hi foodncakelover,

I purchased some of these last spring from the Bulk Barn at Crossroads plaza (Weston Rd & 401) but I have seen them at the one at Rutherford & 400 also. If you’re having trouble finding them now, it may be that they’re seasonal and won’t be available again until spring.

Posted: 07 February 2014 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  910
Joined  2009-05-25

I’m in Saskatoon and I’ve got the vibrant colored ones from Bulk Barn.  Not sure why that is…I got mine just before Christmas.

Posted: 09 February 2014 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2014-02-07
Sophia - 07 February 2014 08:53 AM

Hi foodncakelover,

I purchased some of these last spring from the Bulk Barn at Crossroads plaza (Weston Rd & 401) but I have seen them at the one at Rutherford & 400 also. If you’re having trouble finding them now, it may be that they’re seasonal and won’t be available again until spring.

Hi Sophia ~ thanks for your reply.  So they do exist!  Were they the same as my picture (thicker with smooth surfaces)? 

I’ll be on the look out for them.

Posted: 09 February 2014 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2014-02-07
Sherrie - 07 February 2014 04:09 PM

I’m in Saskatoon and I’ve got the vibrant colored ones from Bulk Barn.  Not sure why that is…I got mine just before Christmas.

Hi Sherrie!

Thanks!

Posted: 09 February 2014 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2011-10-15
foodncakelover - 09 February 2014 03:27 PM

Hi Sophia ~ thanks for your reply.  So they do exist!  Were they the same as my picture (thicker with smooth surfaces)? 

They were/are the same. I have some left and have attached a photo. They’re also slightly smaller in diameter than the Wilton and the thickness is actually a little irregular. I’ve included a photo of the Wilton (on the frosted cupcake) which unfortunately isn’t in the same scale so doesn’t show that they’re slightly larger.

Image Attachments
Bulk_Barn_sprinkles.jpgWilton_sprinkles.jpg

Posted: 11 February 2014 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2014-02-07
Sophia - 09 February 2014 06:36 PM
foodncakelover - 09 February 2014 03:27 PM

They were/are the same. I have some left and have attached a photo. They’re also slightly smaller in diameter than the Wilton and the thickness is actually a little irregular. I’ve included a photo of the Wilton (on the frosted cupcake) which unfortunately isn’t in the same scale so doesn’t show that they’re slightly larger.

Thanks for the pictures!  They are thick, but not very smooth. I wonder if the blogger enhanced her photo to make the sprinkles “appear” smooth!! 

I’ll be looking out for them at Bulk Barn!

Posted: 24 March 2014 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2014-02-07

I found them at Bulk Barn!  And, they were 15% off, bought a large bagful.  Thanks again smile