bread dough spillage
Posted: 09 February 2014 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2014-02-09

has anyone else ever lost proving bread dough down the back of the hot water tank? If so how did you get it pout and should I be worried it will do any damage?

Help!

Posted: 09 February 2014 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1370
Joined  2008-09-27

I confess that I don’t even understand this question. What hot water tank? Mine is in the attic. I’ve never seen any hot water tank that was located anywhere close to where dough was proofing.

Signature 

If error is corrected whenever it is recognized as such, the path of error is the path of truth.

—Hans Reichenbach

Posted: 09 February 2014 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  637
Joined  2008-01-24

Ouch.surprised I know exactly how that happened. If you can’t get the dough out I think it will just dry up and in 10 years when you have to replace the water heater it can go to the dump as funny looking glue that nobody will be able to identify.
Charles in many parts of the world/country water heaters are placed in laundry rooms, basements, closets, or bathrooms. Frequently the top of a water heater seems like a natural warm spot to raise dough.

Signature 

“This pizza is a symphony of flavors”

Posted: 10 February 2014 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2014-02-09

My tank is in a nice warm cupboard that is ( usually!) ideal for proving dough! Won’t be doing it again though-it’s quite a mess!

Posted: 11 February 2014 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4823
Joined  2008-04-16

Oh dear- so sorry for your loss!  Might smell a bit boozy before it finally dries out smile

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  How to Make Sourdough More (or less) Sour - Part II