Chocolate pudding came out too thick (like jello)
Posted: 09 February 2014 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2014-02-07

I made this recipe and the pudding came out way too thick, quite like jello.  I think the cornstarch needs to be reduced to 3 tablespoons along additional milk, or perhaps I cooked it too long.

http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2008/02/best-chocolate-pudding/

Posted: 09 February 2014 05:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  632
Joined  2008-01-24

I looked at the Argo website and they recommend nearly identical proportions. I would have said at first glance that there is too much in this recipe. Maybe it uses so much to make the recipe quick. But then the recipe also becomes time sensitive as you discovered. I think the flavor and texture will suffer from uncooked corn starch. I would use less and cook more.

Signature 

“This pizza is a symphony of flavors”

Posted: 11 February 2014 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2014-02-07
Gene - 09 February 2014 05:46 PM

I looked at the Argo website and they recommend nearly identical proportions. I would have said at first glance that there is too much in this recipe. Maybe it uses so much to make the recipe quick. But then the recipe also becomes time sensitive as you discovered. I think the flavor and texture will suffer from uncooked corn starch. I would use less and cook more.

Hi Gene ~ thanks for the response and checking the Argo website.  I think I’ll look for a different recipe, but definitely cut back a bit on the cornstarch.

Posted: 06 March 2014 04:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2014-03-06

Hi I have some pudding recipe on my blog. Check it here. Hope this will help.

Posted: 30 September 2014 06:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2014-08-28
papaulopez - 06 March 2014 04:48 AM

Hi I have some pudding recipe on my blog. Check it here. Hope this will help.

Really a marvellous information. Found so many good recipes there. Thanks for sharing the post.

Signature 

Online cake Delivery

‹‹ bread dough spillage      sponge cake ››