practice gumpaste
Posted: 09 February 2014 11:38 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1175
Joined  2009-11-24

I do not consider myself creative…..but on this practice cake I was inspired by a greeting card.  Looks like I need sharper cuts from the cutter…. And, I am not ready to try Isomalt yet….but this was fun.  I make the gum paste from scratch so much better than purchasing.

Image Attachments
inspirationcard1.jpggumpastepractice.jpg
 Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.

Posted: 10 February 2014 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2012-01-12

Renee,
You did well on this. I myself I keep looking at greeting cards for designs and fabrics at the fabric store. I rarely use gum paste. I use fondant. I like the texture better and more flexibility. I usually use the scraps after I cover my cakes. If I am making roses ahead of time, I also use fondant. It’s just my preference.

Practice is the key word to cake decorating. Glad u are venturing into it. It is very therapeutic.

Very nice cake.

Posted: 10 February 2014 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1175
Joined  2009-11-24

thank you PrettyCake ...you are right ...it is therapeutic.  I think it is the concentrating on that and having to (getting to) put other issues/concerns aside.  Whether I use modeling chocolate, fondant, or gum paste really a mix of two kinda depends on what I am doing.  Right now, I am playing with all of them to see which I like in which circumstance.

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.

Posted: 11 February 2014 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4783
Joined  2008-04-16

They look very nice to me- reminds me of a lovely hat smile

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe