okay hoping my move works

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.

Posted: 22 February 2014 02:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1211
Joined  2009-11-24

You all know I am addicted to Craftsy….. one of my classes is Classic Croissants.  I’ve made croissants once or twice before but not necessarily with so much effort on detail.  I used the new Platinum Yeast which may be too much for croissants or this recipe.  But I had fun and look forward now to trying Rose’s recipes for laminated dough. 

The first photo is after (1) mixed the dough (2) after first rest (3) is after 3 folds/turns (4) are frozen croissants I took from freezer to photograph.  they have a little damage.  But, I am pretty much avoiding packaged bread (seems bland/mediocre).  These are so good, I may have to ban myself from baking bread too.  I failed to capture after shaping before proofing/after proofing photos. 

My mother is at that stage where she hardly eats anything…. so I can fill these croissants with something nutritious and get her to eat. ( She has been asking for doughnuts…....I am in trouble)!! 

I failed to capture after shaping before proofing/after proofing photos. 

(Okay I have new computer, let me me see after all this work if I can move this post.

Image Attachments
croissDSC_5157.jpgcroissDSC_5159.jpgcroissDSC_5200.jpgcroissDSC_5203.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 22 February 2014 05:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  780
Joined  2007-11-15

Your croissants look good , and I bet they taste MUCH nicer than bought ones, home-made always does doesn’t it?  I have made them a few times but they are a bit of a fiddle, aren’t they?  Seeing yours is inspiring me to have another go,  did you use instant yeast or fresh?  I hope your mother enjoys them.

Posted: 22 February 2014 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-11-24
jeannette - 22 February 2014 05:13 AM

Your croissants look good , and I bet they taste MUCH nicer than bought ones, home-made always does doesn’t it?  I have made them a few times but they are a bit of a fiddle, aren’t they?  Seeing yours is inspiring me to have another go,  did you use instant yeast or fresh?  I hope your mother enjoys them.

thank you, Jeannette,.  They do require some attention to detail.  I used Platinum Instant Yeast.  The instructor said instant yeast is a must.

Signature 

Posted: 22 February 2014 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1651
Joined  2011-02-17

They look amazing CRenee! I have seen these prepared on TV. I think this is a major accomplishment. They look like they are very difficult to resist. I would have to hide them grin

Posted: 22 February 2014 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  715
Joined  2012-01-12

they look great. i’m sure u had good ingredients to start with. great results. nice!

Posted: 22 February 2014 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3171
Joined  2010-04-25

Oh, those are beautiful!  Homemade crossants are so delicious!  I made a large batch of them, and hubby and I ate ALL of them over a weekend, so I have never made them again!  They are too dangerous!! Great idea to fill them!

Posted: 24 February 2014 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4838
Joined  2008-04-16

Nice work!  Flaky, buttery yumminess smile

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Peanut Butter Cups, All Grown Up

Posted: 25 February 2014 10:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-11-24

Thank you everyone.  Yes, Anne, I have eaten more than I should but there are still a few in the freezer.

Signature 

Posted: 26 February 2014 02:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  715
Joined  2012-01-12

Good for you. Eat and be merry.. smile