An All Time Favourite of Mine.
100g Caster Sugar
175g Chopped Dates
25g Glace Cherries, quartered
100g Rice Krispies
200g Milk Chocolate, broken into pieces
1. Lightly Grease a 30 x 23cm baking tin.
2. Measure the Sugar and Margarine into a heavy based pan and het gently until melted.
3. Increase the heat and bring the mixture up to the boil.
4. Add the Dates and continue to cook for 2 minutes
5. Stir in the Cherries and Rice krispies and stir until evenly mixed.
6. Spoon into the prepared tin and level with a palette knife.
7. Melt the Chocolate slowly in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Spread over the Krispie mixture and leave to set.
8. Cut into bars.