Roses Fruit Cake
Posted: 16 December 2008 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2008-07-14

Hi,
I want to bake this recipe in 9x5 inch loaf pans. Has anyone done this before? Would one recipe of batter make one loaf of this size?
Any help would be very appreciated.
Thanks!

Posted: 16 December 2008 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  575
Joined  2007-11-18

KRISTEN;
  Good afternoon. Kristen if you are referring to Miss Rose’s fruit cake recipe on page 65/66 in the TCB edition…that cake weighs just short of 24, oz. A 9 inch X 5 inch X 3 inch loaf pan can fit exactly 2X that amount.
I will go thru the Math with you.

9x5=45 X 3 inch deep=135 Divide by 2=67.5 X by .75 = 50.625 oz. of batter. will fit allowing for75% filled for the chemical leaveners doing their thing.
  Kristen if you wish to do a one recipe you will have to find a smaller pan or make muffins .
I hope this info helps you make the right decision for yourself.
  Good luck & enjoy the rest of the day young lady.

~FRESHKID.

Posted: 16 December 2008 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2008-07-14

Thank you FRESHKID. That is very helpful! Yes, I am referring to the recipe on pg. 65-66 in TCB.
Another question…..does anyone know where I can purchase Glace Cherries? Could I find these in a regular grocery store?
Thanks!

Posted: 17 December 2008 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  575
Joined  2007-11-18

KRISTEN:
  Good morning. Thank you for your timely reply. If you live in a large city, most likely your super market may carry this item. If it isn’t in the aisle where cake ingredients are stored (Flour, canned icings, sprinkles, canned fruit,ete) check the the gourmet aisle. If you do not succeed…. check out stores like Trader Joe’s or Smart & Final.
  I hope this info will help you. Good luck in your baking. Enjoy the rest of the day my friend.

~FRESHKID.