Chocolate mousseline buttercream
Posted: 18 December 2008 11:26 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2008-12-18

Just a quick question. I’ve decided to frost the chocolate fudge cake with the chocolate mousseline buttercream.  It seems to be a favorite with the members so I thought i would try it. I’ve never made it before so i thought I would ask a question before I start.
My question is ...
will it make it to thin when I add the chocolate or not. Should I omit the liqueur?
Thanks for the help

Posted: 19 December 2008 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1429
Joined  2007-11-18

Welcome Ashley! The chocolate fudge cake is an excellent choice. If you follow Rose’s recipe for the chocolate mousseline it will not be thin. I think she suggests 5 ozs of chocolate. Just make sure the chocolate is cool when you add it to the buttercream. Re the liqueur, it’s a matter of personal taste. If you decide to omit it use vanilla instead. I usually use 1T of vanilla. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Signature 

http://heavenlycakesenjoyedonearth.blogspot.com/

Posted: 19 December 2008 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2008-12-18

Thanks so much. I can’t wait to try it out. I will surely let you know how it turns out.

thanks so much

Posted: 19 December 2008 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1031
Joined  2007-11-21

THis is my favorite cake.  I add 8 oz of chocolate and 1/3 cup of cocoa powder…and have never had a problem with it being too thick…and it is DELICIOUS!  The cake in the picture here is chocolate fudge cake, one side is iced with the chocolate mousseline as i described above, the other half is white chocolate mousseline.