Higher English Muffins
Posted: 27 December 2008 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-12-27

I received some English muffins for Christmas this year - you know, the expensive gift ones.  I like them, but I’m not going to pay that kind of money for English muffins for myself, and I’ve always had a sneaking suspicion that I could do better.

I made some English muffins this weekend using a recipe similar to Rose’s, with some success.  However, they were just about as thick as regular supermarket English muffins - maybe a little thinner.  I made some thicker ones, but had a hard time getting them fully cooked on the griddle.  My question is; how do they bake those holiday gift muffins so tall?  They must be 3/4” thick.  I don’t see how the center could get cooked on the griddle, but they do have a pattern on them that looks like how it was done.  Any insight would be appreciated.

Posted: 28 December 2008 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  608
Joined  2007-11-18

FRESHFLOUR:
  Good afternoon. Welcome to our culinary club. If you post the recipe & the directions & how you handled the preparation
We members may be able to shed some light to solve your height problem. Till then my friend,
  Good luck to you & hsve a happy new year.

~FRESHKID. question