Bridal Show is over
Posted: 13 January 2009 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2009-01-01

I am happy to announce the bridal show is over. I didn’t realize how many people attend the show. There were no cupcakes or macarons left, not to mention my display disappeared too.
To read more abou the show I have posted about it here:
http://kitchenmusings.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/01/lessons-learned-from-a-bridal-show.html

I want to thank everyone with the buttercream suggestions . You all gave me the confidence to go ahead with it. Now I am a mousseline buttercream expert wink ... I just love watching it come together. I used rum and vanilla flavored mousseline to frost the cupcakes. And strawberry conserve silk meringue to frost the mini-cupcakes for giveaway.Both were delish!

Image Attachments
bridalshow.jpg

Posted: 14 January 2009 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4803
Joined  2008-04-16

Nikka, congratulations on your bridal show!  Everything looked wonderful, and I think it’s funny that people ate the display once the samples were all gone!

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Greek-style yogurt recipe

Posted: 14 January 2009 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  324
Joined  2008-03-19

Everything looks so good! I love the daisy design on the cupcakes. Just out of curiosity, what macaron recipe did you use? And what flavor macrons did you make?

Posted: 14 January 2009 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1429
Joined  2007-11-18

Congratulations! The daisies and the cupcake holders are beautiful. What were the daisies made of?

Signature 

http://heavenlycakesenjoyedonearth.blogspot.com/

Posted: 14 January 2009 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-01-01

Thanks !!
Christine, the macaron recipe is something I’ve tweaked the past year. I have the basic macaron recipes on my blog. The flavors were passion fruit milk chocolate, pistachio with bittersweet chocolate, hazelnut with salted caramel, vanilla vanilla, and chocolate with coffee buttercream.
Rozanne - the daisies were made from fondant.

Posted: 15 January 2009 12:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  324
Joined  2008-03-19

Wow. Those macaroon flavors sound like they are out of this world. The hazelnut and salted caramel sounds like an especially inspired combination. I should really try making macaroons one day. They are on my “to do” baking list.

What macaroon recipe did you tweak, if you don’t mind my asking? I have Healy and Bugat’s “The French Cookie Book,” and they have several recipes for macaroons. I am never sure which one to try. And then, I just got the Cook’s Illustrated “Best International Recipe” cookbook, and their macaroon recipe looks good. I’m just curious to get your reaction and know what journey you took to get to your version.

Posted: 16 January 2009 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-01-01

I used this recipe to build on:

http://kitchenmusings.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/10/the-macaron-chr.html

Hope it helps!

Posted: 16 January 2009 03:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1031
Joined  2007-11-21

Just gorgeous…congrats!