2 of 2
Wilton products
Posted: 31 January 2009 04:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4823
Joined  2008-04-16

MP, yes, the mousseline is firmer than the classic, and so easier to pipe.  Many of the accomplished bakers on this site use it as their go-to BC for wedding cakes.  Make sure to flavor it, and try not to get too freaked out when it curdles- in the end, all will turn out well.

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  How to Make Sourdough More (or less) Sour - Part II

Posted: 31 January 2009 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  339
Joined  2009-01-22
Julie - 31 January 2009 08:59 AM

MP, yes, the mousseline is firmer than the classic, and so easier to pipe.  Many of the accomplished bakers on this site use it as their go-to BC for wedding cakes.  Make sure to flavor it, and try not to get too freaked out when it curdles- in the end, all will turn out well.

Cool, thanks for the tip, Julie. I’m sure I’ll be back with more questions as I try to make more of these products with all the help you folks have provided me.

Thanks everybody!

Matthew smile

Posted: 03 February 2009 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2008-04-23

You have probably already seen this tip, but just in case- for piped flowers,  make and freeze the flowers, then position the frozen flowers on the cake. That way there’s no pressure to pipe every flower beautifully, and if you drop a flower onto the cake in the wrong place, you just lift it off.

Chocolate Rose Modeling Paste made with tinted white chocolate is an easy and tasty medium for hand-shaped flowers. If your dough turns out too soft or too stiff, you can knead in extra melted white chocolate or corn syrup, respectively.

Cathy

2 of 2