How to post pics & avatar??
Posted: 30 January 2009 02:11 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2009-01-20

Hello fellow bakers!  I’m trying to figure out how to upload pics, and how to put an avatar up. 

Can I get some help?  I’d love to properly introduce myself….

Posted: 30 January 2009 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4783
Joined  2008-04-16

Welcome Mocharoni! 

To post a pic, first start a new topic (button upper right), then down at the bottom there’s a place for attachments, clicck on the browse button and you can add your picture file.  It may need to be sized down, there’s a max pixel size.

To add an avatar, go to “your control panel” upper right, “edit avatar” and “download your avatar”.

Good Luck!

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 30 January 2009 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-20

OK, I’ve got the avatar up! It’s my first attempt at Rose’s cheesecake recipe. Strawberry swirl for my niece’s 16th birthday, Delicious!

Let’s see about pics…....

This was for my SIL’s mom’s 50th birthday party. It’s a yellow butter cake with pineapple buttercream frosting. I think I filled it with cherry cloud cream, can’t remember. But I shaved, sugared, and dried the coconut myself. And I wrapped the outside in fondant and painted it gold. This was my first big cake.

Baby showers, birthday parties, etc.

I always use the Cake Bible recipes. The kitchen was my least favorite room in the house before I discovered baking. Now I’m the cupcake lady, lol. And the ice cream lady, etc. Hey everyone loves dessert right?

More later, my toddler is melting down…....  Thanks for the help!

Veronica

Posted: 30 January 2009 09:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1429
Joined  2007-11-18

Welcome Veronica! Love your cakes and cupcakes, specially the 50th b’day cake and the Curious George one. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. Was the Curious George one an edible transfer sheet or a frozen buttercream transfer?

Signature 

http://heavenlycakesenjoyedonearth.blogspot.com/

Posted: 31 January 2009 05:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4783
Joined  2008-04-16

Welcome to the forum!  Those are great pics, I think the coconut cake is my favorite, or maybe the cheesecake, but really they are all so lovely!  Looking forward to seeing more of your baking in the future.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 31 January 2009 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2568
Joined  2007-11-15

Welcome Veronica - great photos.  Looking forward to your posts!

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

http://butteryum.blogspot.com

Posted: 31 January 2009 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  590
Joined  2007-11-18

VERONICA:
  Good morning & welcome to our culinary club. I am impressed with your artistic talents & abilities. I wish I could buy some of them from you.
\  Good luck & enjoy the rest of the day young lady.

~FRESHKID. cool hmm

Posted: 31 January 2009 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  767
Joined  2007-11-15

How lovely to see all your cakes!  Please put more on when you can.

Posted: 31 January 2009 07:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-20

Thanks for the welcome!

Sorry about the pic size, I’ll reduce them next time.

Boy, I could tell you stories about each of those cakes.  The gold one was very wet, I used too much pineapple puree in the buttercream.  Any large sized chocolate I do comes out dry.  The Curious George cake is a half sheet, 12x16 and 3” deep.  That size always needs more time than the recipe says.  I get dry heavy cakes.  Too much flour?  Maybe I’m not measuring right. 

The cupcakes are tres leche with stabilized whipped cream on top.  Oh, and the coconut cupcakes are a box mix.  Yuck, huh?  But the people love them.  They’re lime and coconut.  I use Rose’s recipe to make a Key Lime buttercream though.  I’m going to have to try them with the yellow butter cake recipe.

I always reference my Cake Bible when I bake.  The recipes are fun and relatively easy (I’m a mathophobe).  But it’s getting easier and easier.  I’m glad I finally stopped lurking.  You ladies and gents are a very talented group!  I hope I can keep up! LOL

I see there’s been a lot of talk about rum cakes lately.  I’ll let you know how mine comes out. 

Veronica

Posted: 31 January 2009 10:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2568
Joined  2007-11-15
mocharoni - 31 January 2009 11:05 PM

Any large sized chocolate I do comes out dry. quote]

Which chocolate cake recipe are you using?  The chocolate fudge cake is very moist and delicious.  Also, there is a possible solution to the dry chocolate cake problem listed on the blog.  Here’s a link:

http://www.realbakingwithrose.com/2006/11/blogger_aaron_solves_dry_choco.html

Hope that helps!
Patricia

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

http://butteryum.blogspot.com

‹‹ CURRANT SCONES      pound cake ››