Where do you bake?
Posted: 07 December 2007 11:30 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2568
Joined  2007-11-15

I bake in my kitchen in Virginia.  Where do you bake?

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

http://butteryum.blogspot.com

Posted: 08 December 2007 12:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  67
Joined  2007-11-22

mostly at work, on the eastern shore of Maryland… sometimes at home…

Signature 

If chocolate were a friend it’d be one needing compliance:
but bread on the other hand is a cahtartic, soulful blend of commraderie, chemistry , and respect.

Posted: 08 December 2007 06:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2007-11-15

in my kitchen, Melbourne, Australia. It’s summer here… cool smile

Posted: 08 December 2007 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-11-15

In my little kitchen here in northern NY with my old NON electric propane/gas stove and my new KA Artisan. YEHA!
Susie

Signature 

northern NY
Age 52
Love reading, quilting, machine embroidery, purse making, hand and machine knitting, cake and cookie decorating and soon to try candy. smile

Posted: 08 December 2007 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2007-11-18

In my kitchen in Gulfport, FL - a small turn-of-the-century art village known as “Little Key West” located on the Gulf of Mexico.

Signature 

“There is no such thing as reconstituted lemon juice, only reconstituted taste buds.” - Bert Greene

Posted: 08 December 2007 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1031
Joined  2007-11-21

I bake mostly in my kitchen in New York City…I can see the 59th street bridge and the east river from the window…very picturesque…although if given the opportunity I bake at my Sister’s house in Western New Jersey…big big big kitchen

Posted: 08 December 2007 10:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2007-11-17

In my cluttered but very efficient kitchen in Clearwater, Florida.  On the Gulf Coast of Florida near Tampa. Every square inch of space is filled with my gadgets, cookware and cookbooks. I just bought a new range with a convection oven and mini oven on bottom and a matching convection/micro combination on top.  I have 3 ovens to bake in at one time now. WOW. I built a small desk area for my laptop so I can write my recipes while in the kitchen. It is winter here but the weather has been 80 every day.  Lorraine

Posted: 08 December 2007 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2007-11-16

In my kitchen

MrsM

Posted: 08 December 2007 12:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2568
Joined  2007-11-15
Bill - 08 December 2007 01:43 PM

I bake mostly in my kitchen in New York City…I can see the 59th street bridge and the east river from the window…very picturesque…although if given the opportunity I bake at my Sister’s house in Western New Jersey…big big big kitchen

As a child, I grew up not too far from the 59th St Bridge, in Astoria.

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

http://butteryum.blogspot.com

Posted: 08 December 2007 10:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2007-11-17

My first apartment was in Astoria, Queens (35 years ago). The area had great bakeries and markets and was minutes from NYC just over the 59th Street Bridge.  That bridge has a lot of memories for me.  Lorraine

Posted: 09 December 2007 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1031
Joined  2007-11-21

I’m having some trouble posting to the forum…so if I’ve already posted this…sorry about that.  The view of the 59th street bridge wasn’t that important to me when I bought the apartment…but living on 59th street is wonderful…and I have come to love the Bridge.  One of my best friends says that to her it is the symbol of NYC.

Posted: 10 December 2007 12:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-12-09

I bake in my kitchen looking down at a beautiful lake surrounded by high mountain ranges covered with snow, it’s located in the High Desert of South Eastern Oregon. I just bought a standing free LG range with a ceramic cooking surface & convection oven. What a difference it’s made in baking my breads. I’m and avid sourdough baker who loves to bake sourdough breads. I also have a special gift in developing and creating recipes for sourdough baking. I can’t stop baking sourdough breads and creating or adapting recipes for I’m totally addicted. I don’t make use of yeast in my bread recipes for I’m terribly allergic to yeast so I’m truly a sourdough baker using the long rise method in producing breads with flavor. Plus milling my own flour, and using Harvest King flour, and using a lot of nutritional ingredients to enrich my breads, and creating and developing various sourdough starters.

Chaconey

Posted: 12 December 2007 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  143
Joined  2007-11-17

Vancouver, BC, Canada. smile

Signature 

Come visit my blog
http://occasionalbaker.blogspot.com

Posted: 12 December 2007 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  768
Joined  2007-11-15

In my good-size kitchen in N.Wales, U.K.  I use an electric fan oven and a gas fuelled hob.  I have a nice view of my garden from the window, it is winter here, temperatures round about freezing the last few days.