neoclassic Buttercream to thin
Posted: 19 February 2009 11:50 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2009-01-27

Hello, I just made the Neoclassic Buttercream, looks too thin and I pour the sugar/corn syrup stopping the beater pour in the middle alittle started 5 seconds on high.

*Do I mix it until it has an icing texture? How long do I beat for and on med. high or high?*

UPDATE:
**Looks more like a filling after I finished mixing with the kitchenaid. I cover it in an airtight container and in the fridge.  If anything, I can use it as a filling in the cake with slices halves of fresh strawberries on top.  WHAT DO YOU THINK??

Let me know what I did wrong and texture I need to look for?

I’m used to seeing the texture of the Wilton icing. Hello not tasty at all. My family likes it but, they don’t know any better. LOL I bake the cakes but can’t eat it too sugary.

I added a dash of salt well mayb a little more, that it is tasty, smooth! LOL

Help and Thank you!

Posted: 20 February 2009 01:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1076
Joined  2007-11-15

It will firm up when it chills—so much that you will need to bring it back to cool room temperature to use it.

Posted: 20 February 2009 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-01-27

Hello, Matthew,

Will I need to rewhip it in the mixer?

Not used to seeing this texture. **Looks more like a filling after I finished mixing with the kitchenaid. I cover it in an airtight container and in the fridge.  If anything, I can use it as a filling in the cake with slices halves of fresh strawberries on top.  WHAT DO YOU THINK??

Posted: 20 February 2009 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2008-04-23

Hi, folks-

Working the cool room temperature butter cream a little with your spatula should free it up to frost with. If it’s crumbling instead of blending, stop and let it warm up longer. (Sorry to horn in, but I know this one! oo me, pick me smile

Cathy

Posted: 20 February 2009 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-01-27

Thank you Cathy, ur 2 funny!