3 of 3
Lots of Questions
Posted: 07 March 2009 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2009-03-02

Just to redeem my small town grocery store - I looked at all the containers in the store and they all said practically the same thing -

10JUN04 Which I read as June 10, 2004 - I think it actually means June 4, 2010.  LOL -  Sort of written backwards to my mind, but I believe I was reading it wrong. 

I just think there were a variety of things done wrong - cake flour made through substituting, mixing incorrectly, not adding the sugar until after everything was mixed. 

Anyway, I think I am going to use my original recipe that I have tried and scale up as suggested earlier. 

Thanks all and you are welcome to a good laugh over my baking powder misread.

Posted: 07 March 2009 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  535
Joined  2008-05-03

How interesting, Albertagirl.  Computer systems now tend to hold dates in this format as it’s very easy to sort in ascending or descending order by date.  However, most prorammers then reformat to mm-dd-yyyy (US) or dd-mm-yyyy (UK).  The programmers who did your supermarket system obviously didn’t do this.  Maybe they are starting a new trend - I’m all for it as it’s so logical - a bit like using grams to weigh everything (but that’s another story)!

Annie

Posted: 07 March 2009 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2009-03-02

I guess I am making that assumption that I just read the date wrong as I looked at all the others in the store.  While we are a small community, I would say that they have moved their baking powder stock since 2004; that’s why I think it is really 2010. 

Maybe they just want to throw us all off - lol!!

3 of 3