2 of 2
Petit Fours
Posted: 11 March 2009 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  608
Joined  2007-11-27
shimi - 11 March 2009 04:05 PM

Hmm..the poured fondant sounds more do-able. It’s always hot here and I think my niece wants an outdoor wedding so anything chocolate is out of the question as it would melt all over the place.

The coating chocolate would stay firm enough for outdoors. It’s really a matter of taste - the poured fondant is sweeter than the chocolate so use what you like best!

Signature 

I Dream of Jeanne Cakes selected by Brides Magazine as one of their 100 Favorite Bakers (2013)

Posted: 11 March 2009 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  289
Joined  2008-08-13

Thanks Jeanne. I read all your tips in the Pourable Chocolate Fondant thread and they were great! I would prefer to use something chocolate (tastewise) as the poured fondant IS sweet. Do you think the coating chocolate would hold up in 90plus degree temps though?

Posted: 11 March 2009 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  608
Joined  2007-11-27

They’ll be ok; you can dip/coat twice if you want.  Bring them out at the last moment and as long as they are not in the sun, it should be ok.  You could store them in rubbermaid boxes (single layer, otherwise the tops could get marred and if they’re decorated, that would ruin the decoration) and then put them in coolers with ice packs if the day is really blazing.  That’s what the onsite caterers do if there’s no refrigerated truck at a site (well, they have coolers full of ice, but same thing).

Signature 

I Dream of Jeanne Cakes selected by Brides Magazine as one of their 100 Favorite Bakers (2013)

Posted: 11 March 2009 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  289
Joined  2008-08-13

Ok thanks. Good thing I have plenty of time - she’s still waffling about the wedding date LOL!

2 of 2