I have more questions!
Posted: 18 March 2009 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  913
Joined  2009-01-04

How many questions could I ask? i know i know….

1) I was planning on making the Raspberry Jam Cream from TCB then realized it only holds 2 hours room temp and 2 days refrig. That won’t work. so I was reading about Rasb Mousseline and I was wondering….is it possible to use COMMERCIAL seedless rasb jam in this? I know it said in the book for the Jam Cream you can sub commercial jam by doubling and omitting the sugar. It doesn’t say you can do that with Mousseline…can you??

2) Can you halve a batch of Mousseline? I know you can freeze leftovers, but I am actually thinking if you run out of ingredients and only have enough to make half a batch, will it work? Or is it against the rules of mousseline??

3) I have a filling recipe that consists of butter, sugar, fluff and heavy cream (1.5 TBS). Can this be frozen and re used??

Sorry for the questions, i am trying to figure out what to make this weekend lol.

Oh one more question….for Milk Choc Ganache it says use Milk chocolate 34%...I couldnt find Lindt in the store so I bougt Ghiradelli baking milk chocolate, it didn’t say anything on there about 34%...can I use it??

Posted: 18 March 2009 09:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2568
Joined  2007-11-15

1 - sure you can, but you will have to do a taste test to see if you like how sweet it is.  Mousseline is not overly sweet, so it might work well for you.  If not, I highly recommend Rose’s Raspberry Puree, and I know Hector likes to use the Raspberry Conserve (puree is smooth; conserve has more texture).

2 - yes.

3 - ?

4 - should be fine.

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

http://butteryum.blogspot.com

Posted: 18 March 2009 11:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1429
Joined  2007-11-18

As Patricia mentioned the jam should work since the mousseline is not too sweet, but if you want to maintain the low level of sweetness try adding a reduced sugar jam (not the ones with artificial sweetner of course). Do you have your mind set on raspberry? I love the raspberry puree too but it is labour intensive but the strawberry puree is much easier and quicker to make.

Signature 

http://heavenlycakesenjoyedonearth.blogspot.com/

Posted: 19 March 2009 09:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  913
Joined  2009-01-04

yeah i dont have time to do the raspberry pureee, or the raspberries lol.

So in the recipe for fruit mousseline it says add 3/4 cup. you recommend adding HALF that at first to check the sweetness?  Or actually a quarter of that, since it has sugar in it?

Posted: 19 March 2009 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1429
Joined  2007-11-18

I would start with 1/4c and then add a tablespoon at a time if you need more just b/c of the sugar level.

Signature 

http://heavenlycakesenjoyedonearth.blogspot.com/