3 of 3
Buttercream Help
Posted: 29 June 2009 11:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-11-17

Hi, again. We had the INSIDE wedding and the buttercream held up. Thanks.
I do have one question. I’d read that you could freeze or refrigerate the buttercream, then reconstitute. It was a matter of bringing it to room temp and beating until it came together, again. As I had over two hundred cupcakes to frost, I did made some batches of buttercream ahead of time. It beat up beautifully. But, it didn’t hold up nearly as well. Those frosted with the reconstituted frosting looked as though it would melt at any time. It was also more butter colored. Any ideas what happened?

Posted: 30 June 2009 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4746
Joined  2008-04-16

Which buttercream did you make?

The silk meringue definitely re-emulsifies after storage (fridge or freezer) and the resulting texture seems a little denser, but I haven’t noticed this with mousseline, it seems about the same after re-beating.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls

Posted: 30 June 2009 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2568
Joined  2007-11-15

I agree - I haven’t noticed any discernable difference between mousseline that has been refrigerated, and mousseline that has not.

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

http://butteryum.blogspot.com

Posted: 30 June 2009 08:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-11-17

I used a variation of Rose’s Classic Buttercream. I used just 1T. of corn syrup and some whole eggs, with the yolks. I’ve made the Classic, Neoclassic, Silk Meringue, and Mousseline. I don’t care for the Mousseline, though.
I did try reconstituting the buttercream on two different days, in case the weather affected the results.
Appreciate your input!

Any suggestions?

3 of 3