3 of 3
Cupcake Flop
Posted: 09 April 2009 12:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1429
Joined  2007-11-18

Julie and Ski, we could be long distance workout partners!!! It’ll be a first.  LOL

Signature 

http://heavenlycakesenjoyedonearth.blogspot.com/

Posted: 09 April 2009 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  913
Joined  2009-01-04

ok sounds good! Did you all work out yesterday?? haha

Posted: 13 April 2009 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2009-03-20

I’ve tried to make the Golden Butter Cream Cake into cupcakes and it didn’t work out.  The tops weren’t peaked and kind of slanted and the paper would peel away.  I think because it’s a very buttery and heavy batter it doesn’t work that well.  It’s very tasty though!

Posted: 13 April 2009 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  598
Joined  2007-11-18

NERVOUSCHEF:
  Good afternoon to you. I am sorry to learn of your baking disappointment. I just had 2, of them myself. I can only state
my opinion as I am not in your kitchen with you while you are mixing your ingredients.  I honestly believe these failures that have been fully described in these types of cakes lately is because the cake structure is not fully developed. It is a odd way to mix, but it must be utilized because these recipes are un~balanced if they were going to be mixed employing the popular “CREAMING MIXING method.”. If you should decide to try again, consider mixing for a much longer time to develop the gluten structure. Also being that the liquid (Eggs & Cream) is a bit much for the flour to absorb.
My contention is this my friend…when mixing in the eggs, scramble them & mix them in by spoon feeding it I do know the flour can absorb this liquid much easier this way cool hmm . If you try my way please let us know how well you have done.
  I hope you will try this technique & enjoy the rest of the day.

~FRESHKID.

Posted: 13 April 2009 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2009-03-20

Thank you for your tips, Freshkid.  Have you tried this technique with cupcakes for this recipe?  I would be more willing to try it again for cupcakes if this was a tried and true method.  I have made other butter cakes from The Cake Bible and all have turned out.

I’m baking this recipe again, this time in the suggested cake pan, so hopefully I won’t have the same issue as I did with the cupcakes.

3 of 3