Rose’s 3 tier white butter cake
Posted: 09 April 2009 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  117
Joined  2009-03-04

I think I’m going a little bit batty with all these charts, ladies and gents, and I need your help. I want to make the 3 tier white butter cake page 484. Should I simply follow Rose’s recipe? Because when I start using the Rose factor to check amounts, say for the 2-12 in by 2 inch layers, the amounts seem different. Have you found this?

Posted: 09 April 2009 11:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-04

so the question is Patricia, when you bake your 12 inch layer white cake what are your measurements?

Posted: 09 April 2009 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-04

Thank you Caspar…and Thank you Patricia for trying to understand my question. That is exactly what I would like to know. I know you bake the 12 inch layers for Roses White Butter Cake…or White Velvet cake. You use the Charts…..but when I figure the amounts for the recipes via the charts they differ from Roses 3 tier White Butter cake recipe on page 484. I know Rose once said she forgot to change the recipe for the Chocolate cake 3 tier, and that it differed from her Rose factor amounts….I believe it was the butter.  I’m finding that with the Rose factor of 7 the 2-12 inch layers of the 3-tier white Butter cake recipe differs in the math. I was just going to make the 3 tier recipe…now I don’t know what to do because the Rose factors don’t jive with that recipe. I hope I am clear enough. I only ask this of you because I can see by your pictures on Rose and on your blog that you have experience doing these Wedding cakes. Sorry if I rambled and was confusing to you. Claudia

Posted: 09 April 2009 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-04

Thank you Freshkid…What’s with the “Young Lady”? I appreciate the compliment if it is that,  but I’m probably older than you! I didn’t need the batter amounts, I very simply was questioning the fact that the Rose factor of 7 for the 12 inch by 2 inch pans does not equal the amount of individual ingredients in the recipe for the 3 tier White butter wedding cake. For example the amount of egg whites needed. That’s all. Thank you for your help, and have a happy holiday.

Posted: 09 April 2009 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-04

Thanks for your help Patricia. I certainly searched all over. I didn’t want this to be such a chore. I just figured that since you bake those beautiful Wedding cakes, you would have and answer as to the discrepancy between the two recipes. As much as I admire Rose and her baking, I think she should hire a good proof reader because something doesn’t jive. I just don’t want to waste a lot of ingredients because of a typo.I hope I didn’t bother you too much with my queries. Claudia

Posted: 10 April 2009 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-04

Thank you Patricia for the help you could give. I guess wit all the Wedding cakes you’ve done, I was surprised that you never used Rose’s 3 tier wedding cake as it was set forth in the recipe on page 484.  Happy Holidays.  Also Jeanne, what white cake recipe do you use if I might ask? I did check the blogs, and the one thing I found was the fact that Rose stated she didn’t change her (I believe) 3 tier Chocolate cake and the butter content. Something like that. I guess I’m too much of a perfectionist, so when the Rose factor for the 12 inch by 2 inch pans (7) didn’t equal the 12 inch by 2 inch pans in the recipe(and yes I figured that there were 2 in both cases), I was confused and unsure as to which was correct. Thanks again..I’ll probably try the 3 tier 12 inch pans to test, but Jeanne, I am interested in your recipe if possible. Thanks. Claudia