Chocolate chip cake/cupcake
Posted: 18 April 2009 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2008-08-19

Does anyone have a suggestion for a chocolate chip cake and or cupcake recipe?  I am going for a fluffy but moist cake with mini chocolate chips.  So far I have tried the downy yellow butter cake and the sour cream butter cake from TCB…good, but not exactly right.  If someone has a suggestion of a recipe they think would work, whether from TCB or another book/place,  I and my 2.5 year old daughter will thank you!  She loves these chocolate chip cupcakes from a local bakery and I’m trying to reproduce them.

Posted: 18 April 2009 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  535
Joined  2008-05-03

Gia,  Take a look at the Golden Grand Marnier cake on page 46 TCB.  I make it with mini chips and add some extra home-made candied orange peel.  It’s super moist and you can make it in cakelets - I’m sure cupcakes would work too - I haven’t tried them.  Every time I make it , it’s a real winner.

Annie

Posted: 19 April 2009 01:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  324
Joined  2008-03-19

You might want to look at Lisa Yochelson’s book, “Chocolate, Chocolate.” She has lots of recipes for cakes and pastries that call for mini-chocolate chips. Some of the cakes are mainly vanilla, others are mainly chocolate. I haven’t actually made the kind of cupcake you are looking for, but I have made other things out of that book (such as brownies) and I find that the recipes are high-quality.

Good luck!

Posted: 19 April 2009 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2008-08-19

Annie - I had thought to try this recipe but I am not a fan of chocolate and orange together, and I’m not sure if my 2 year old would appreciate it either.  smile  But I re-read the recipe and in her explanation Rose likens it to the Buttermilk Country Cake on page 41 so I might give that a try.

Christine - I have seen Lisa’s book referenced multiple times on this site so I’m definitely going to check it out.  Here’s hoping my library has it!

Thanks again!
Gia

‹‹ Peanut Butter Ganache      Chiffon Troubles ››