Flaky with its laminations from the blending of butter, cream cheese, and heavy cream throughout the flour, this pie crust is most quickly made in a food processor. A smidgen of baking powder makes the crust more tender and flavorful.
This recipe will be enough for a single crust for the standard pie plate, Rose's Perfect Pie Plate, a deep dish pie plate, or a 9-1/2 to 10 inch tart. It can easily be doubled for 2 crust pie or strips across the top.
Food Processor Method
1) Process flour, salt, and baking powder to blend.
2) Add cream cheese and process until coarse.
3) Add butter cubes and pulse until peanut size.
4) Add cream and vinegar and pulse until butter is the size of small peas.
5) Scrape dough onto a lightly floured work surface. Use latex gloves or cover hands with plastic bags and press dough until it holds together in one smooth flat disc.
6) Wrap, and refrigerate 45 minutes before rolling.